Membership (regardless of disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs) is open to all amateur ladies with an official golf (CONGU) handicap (subject to the after mentioned proviso) and to all girls irrespective of handicap who possess at least one of the following qualifications:-
1. birth in the County,
2. residence in the County, or
3. membership of a golf club in the County which is affiliated to the Scottish Ladies’ Golfing Association Ltd (“ SLGA Ltd”).
The Association may have the following categories of membership:-
1. Full: Full Members require to be at least 18 years of age, and unless progressing through the Junior Membership category, have an official (CONGU) handicap. They shall have the right to play in all competitions and others arranged by the Association for which they are eligible by handicap.
Since the number of Full Members shall not exceed the limit fixed by the Committee from time to time, a waiting list shall operate and an administration fee will be payable at the time of application. Ladies on the waiting list shall be eligible to play only in 5-a-side and Greensomes Matches or such others as the Committee shall decide from time to time.
2. Honorary: This category of membership may be offered by the Committee to an amateur or professional lady golfer who has made a major contribution to golf in general and/or to the work of the Association. Honorary Members who are amateur golfers shall have the same playing rights as Full Members. Honorary members who are professional golfers shall be eligible to play only in such competitions as the Committee shall decide, but they may not captain any County Team.
3. Associate: Membership of this category is open to those who have previously been Full Members or such others as the Committee may decide from time to time. Associate Members may play only in the Summer and Winter Foursomes, Summer Hole and Hole Competitions or such others as the Committee shall decide from time to time.
4. Student: These Members must be between 18 and 23 years of age and be in full time education. They shall have the same playing rights as Full Members.
5. Junior Girls: These Members must be under 18 years of age on 1st January in any calendar year. They may play in those matches and competitions arranged for them by the Association’s Junior Secretary and in Full Members’ competitions where handicap allows. On becoming 18 years of age and providing they hold an official golf (CONGU) handicap, they can automatically transfer to Student or Full Membership.
Full and Honorary Members shall have the right to vote at General Meetings of the Association but only Full Members may stand for election to the Committee.
Honorary Members pay no subscription. The membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st and every other Member must pay the annual subscription then current for her category of membership. Any Member wishing to resign her membership must notify the Association’s Honorary Secretary by 31st December in any year.
CONTACT THE ASSOCIATION
If you would like to join Midlothian Ladies County Golf Association, please contact the Secretary for a form or download below